This is the privacy statement of HeboVanDijk B.V. (hereinafter “HVD” or “we”). In this statement we explain our general policy regarding the processing of personal data. We describe which of your personal data we process, how we guarantee your privacy and which rights you have. This statement relates to data that we process about (potential) customers, suppliers, visitors to our website and all other business relations of HVD.
- HVD respects the privacy of all visitors to its website, of its (potential) clients, suppliers and other relations.
- HVD will ensure the safety and confidentiality of your personal data and will handle your personal data with care.
- HVD only shares your details with parties which it engages for the provision of its services and with parties with whom it is required to share data on the basis of a statutory obligation.
- HVD always takes your privacy into account and complies with the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
HVD collects and processes your personal data because you:
- use or wish to use our services;
- fill in or leave details via common channels, such as email, website or by telephone;
- visit the website of HVD;
- have a business relationship with HVD.
The majority of the data that we collect from you is provided by yourself. The type of data that we collect depends on the specific service provided. In addition, we also collect personal data via cookies that we place (or have placed). The latter may or may not be accepted by you.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
HVD collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Communication. To be able to contact you by email, post and/or telephone, e.g. for the processing of a quotation, order or request via the contact form on our website. Furthermore, to inform you about our services and to notify you of any offers.
- Acquisition. To bring HVD to the attention of potential clients.
- Execution of contract. If you are a client or supplier of HVD for the preparation, conclusion and execution of the contract.
- Creditworthiness check. In certain cases, we have the creditworthiness of our customers, suppliers or other relations checked by an external agency. Usually only company data is processed in this process, but it may be that personal data is also processed.
- Laws and regulations. If we are obliged to do so on the basis of legislation and regulations.
- User experience website. To assess whether the HVD website offers an optimal user experience.
- Marketing analysis and research. To invite you to participate in surveys and for general market research and analysis.
PRINCIPLES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We process your data because:
- we need this data for entering into or executing the agreement with you, such as offering and delivering goods purchased by you;
- we have a legal obligation, such as keeping invoices in our administration;
- we have a legitimate interest to do so: a commercial interest (direct marketing, research and analysis), to maintain and improve a good customer relationship and to offer good service to our customers;
- you have granted us permission to do so.
If you have given HVD permission to process your personal data for specific purposes, you may withdraw this permission at any time in the same way that you provided it.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED PER PROCESS
HVD processes your personal data in various ways. Below you will find an overview of the most important processes.
- Sales office / Contact form
You can contact the HVD sales office with all your questions, comments and complaints about HVD’s services and your purchases. The sales office staff will often ask you to provide certain details so that they can provide you with the best possible service. You are not obliged to provide these details. Sometimes it will be necessary to share your details with third parties, for example the carrier.
On the HVD website you can contact HVD via the contact form. Your message will be dealt with within two working days. We need the information that we ask you to provide (first name, last name, e-mail address and optional telephone number) in order to communicate with you. These data are stored in the Content Management System, but are not used for any other purpose than the handling of your question or complaint.
We would like to inform you by e-mail about our offers, products and services. For this purpose, we use your contact details that you provided to us when placing the initial order.
Cookies can be used for various purposes and are divided into different types:
- Functional cookies: These are essential to optimize the functionality of the website.
- Analytical cookies: These provide insight into the use of the website. This allows us to continue to improve the website. This has little effect on your privacy.
- Tracking cookies: These are used to identify and track visitors across multiple websites and applications. These are not used by HVD.
HVD uses the following cookies:
- Cookie notice (functional cookies): If you want to use our website optimally, it is necessary to accept our cookies. When you visit our website, you will receive a cookie notification that you can either reject or accept. The functional cookies that are then placed will remember whether or not you closed the cookie notification. Without these cookies, the cookie notification cannot be closed permanently. These cookies are deleted after one year.
- Google Analytics (analytical cookies): We use these to measure how you use our website. We use this knowledge to continue to improve our website. These cookies come from Google and are deleted after a maximum of 2 years.
- Hotjar (analytical cookies): these allow us to register how you use our website, for example by keeping track of your click behaviour. With this information, we can optimize the operation of our website. The cookies are deleted after 1 year.
RETENTION PERIODS FOR PERSONAL DATA
HVD does not retain your personal data any longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected. Both customer and supplier-related personal data are kept for a maximum of seven years after termination of the agreement/relationship.
SHARING PERSONAL DATA
All data that we process is stored in our secure ERP system. In addition, we may share your data with companies that provide services to HVD, for example in the financial and administrative fields. Or engaged third parties, such as printers, email and postal processors. We only share this data to fulfil our contractual obligations or for direct marketing purposes.
We may also share your personal data in connection with:
- law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal actions;
- if required by law or regulation;
- if HVD is sold or merges with another company;
- if HVD deems it reasonably necessary for the protection of HVD, its clients or suppliers.
HVD does not sell your personal data to third parties. When we share your data with third parties, we require these third parties to protect your personal data properly. If we engage third parties that are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we take additional measures where necessary.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We secure your data to prevent it from being lost or falling into the wrong hands. Some of the measures we take are:
- Securing website with an SSL certificate. This ensures that confidential information, such as that provided via a contact form, is sent encrypted;
- Our software is updated and we use a firewall;
- Access to electronic systems is password protected and when external access is given we use two-factor authentication;
- Only authorised staff/third parties have access to your personal data;
- We share personal data with third parties via a secure connection;
- We make agreements with third parties who process your personal data on our behalf, so that your privacy is guaranteed.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. If you are a customer and request to be removed, this means that our customer relationship ends. We need to process your data in order to execute our agreement (invoicing, delivery of orders, etc.).
In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent for data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by HVD, if HVD processes these data on the basis of a legitimate interest. HVD will then look at your specific case and weigh up the interests at stake. If you object to your data being used for direct marketing, we will always comply with your objection.
Do you want to exercise one of your rights? If so, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your request, we will assess whether we should and can comply with your request. We will respond as soon as possible.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may contain links to other sites. We only provide links to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. However, HVD is not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of other sites.
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or complaints about our data processing, you can contact HVD by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. It is also possible to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Netherlands Data Protection Authority.